1. This Privacy Notice is given on behalf of Metropolitan Property Management Pty Ltd (“MPM”, “we”, “us”, “our”) pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (“the Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) set out in the Act. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information.
2. We collect your personal information directly from you when you complete the Form 6 Appointment and Reappointment of a Property Agent, Resident Letting Agent or Property Auctioneer.
3. Completing a Form 6 upon the appointment of a property agent, resident letting agent or property auctioneer is a requirement of the Property Occupations Act 2014.
4. We collect this personal information for the purposes of appointing MPM as a property agent, resident letting agent or property auctioneer and carrying out the services you have engaged us to perform.
5. If this form is completed incorrectly and we do not collect the required information, the appointment of the property agent, resident letting agent or property auctioneer is ineffective and we may not be able to provide you with those services. If the information provided is incorrect, we may not be able to provide those services effectively.
6. We would not usually provide your personal information to any third party within Australia or overseas, however, if it is required we will obtain your consent before doing so.
7. For information on how we manage your personal information, how you can access the personal information we hold or to make a complaint regarding our use of your personal information, please contact our office.